What´s a mind mapping?#LearnWithEUDMA
A mind map is a graphical way to symbolize, express and represent ideas and concepts.
It is a visual tool in which starting from a main idea, you can organize, structure and expand your thinking, relating other concepts that have a certain relationship with the essence of the main idea. Therefore, we can get to create more valuable information or ideas through this representation, synthesizing and observing how our tree of thought grows larger and larger.
Mind Mapping Basics
To properly build a mind map you have to take into account the following points:
- Central idea. This is the principal purpose of your mind map.
- Relational lines or branches. You will use it to represent the link between the central idea and the sub-concepts.
- Keywords. You have to represent your thoughts in one word, not a sentence. It increases your creativity and clarity.
- Proximity. Be closer means be more connected.
- 7 associations. If you put a lot of association will be a chaos and will be problematic to understand the themes.
- Colours and images. The use of both issues helps to memorize the map.
How Can You Create A Mind Mapping?
- Start with the principal concept.
First of all, you have to detect the principal purpose of your mind map and write it in the middle of the page. Due to mind maps begin from the inside and spread outside, your principal insight should be the core concept of the diagram.
Your core concept could be: a goal to achieve, the purpose to create an amazing campaign of advertising or a problem you want to solve.
- Include subconcepts to the principal one and link it through lines.
When you have detected the principal purpose, you have to include the most basic subconcepts and link them with the principal one through relational lines. This relational lines lend you a hand to arrange the information. Don´t worry about the high quantity of keywords or aspects that you add, it will be enough.
- Research contents in order to add more relations within the map.
When you have recognized the sub-concepts within the principal concept, you have to include more shapes until you have all the valuable and necessary information in your hands.
Keep in mind that you have to continue to arrange your information with the most essential and considerable issues closer to the principal concept and the most detailed aspects far away.
- Create an attractive presentation with colours and images.
Organize the information through the use of different colours for each level of thought within your diagram. Moreover, you can use images to link shapes instead of the traditional box shape in order to stand out the diverse parts of the mind map.
Thanks to theses techniques, you can distinguish and remember more easily and productively the different levels of thought that you have created from your main idea.
The use of this tool provide several benefits to the person who done it. The most important benefit are the following:
- It increases your creativity and productivity because you create ideas based on the relationship of the different concepts that you represent within the map.
- It avoids the linear thinking, you feel freer to write your ideas and generate new ones based on the keywords used. This tool allows you to mix random concepts but that are related to the essence of the map that is our main idea.
- It gives a better organization of the ideas, starting from the main idea, expanding towards the sub-concepts. Thus, you know the importance of you know the importance of each of the ideas according to the level at which you have written them on the map.
- It enhances your memory and retention through the use of colours and images. Relating different colors to different levels of concepts and using images increases your attention to the map and makes you remember it quickly.
- It has a useful editing. You can create unlimited branches or levels in the structure thanks to its design. You can add new themes or information at any time later because you continue to have free space.
- It makes tricky issues easier to comprehend. Due to observe the different themes and know how they have been related to the main concept, the map expresses a clearer idea of how the new ideas were created.
- It has high flexibility, mind mapping can be used by people of different ages or business rank.
- It has a wide adaptability because a mind map works equal to the human brain.
- It gets people focused because the layout of this tool is attractive an unusual because you can see all the keywords without them being written in a boring phrase.
Text limitation. You have to keep in mind that in a mind map you should use keywords or really short phrases in order to express clarity, purity and easy of understanding. If there is a lot of information expressed on the map, it can be more difficult to create a new idea.
Time consuming. If you want to create a breathtaking mind map with incredible colours and images in order to create a huge call to action accompanied with the most appropriate keywords, you consume enough time.
Follow rules. When you decide to create a mind map with a software, you should know that you don’t have freedom to create your own style. The software has rules for example the layout or type of letter `predefined. You cannot create a mind map as freely as you could on a simple paper.
There are a lot of uses for the mind maps, the most common are the following:
- Strategic thinking
- Problem solving
- Project management
- Communication strategy
- Jogging your creativity
- Note taking
- Customer relationship management
- Personal and business goals
«https://es.venngage.com/templates/mind-maps/light-colorful-simple-mind-map-27cb6c5b-f905-489b-a8a6-7b8fc5429582´´ «https://litemind.com/what-is-mind-mapping/´´ «https://simplemind.eu/how-to-mind-map/basics/´´ «https://www.lucidchart.com/pages/how-to-make-a-mind-map´´ «https://mindmapsunleashed.com/the-mind-mapping-concept#:~:text=It%20is%20a%20powerful%20graphic,the%20potential%20of%20the%20brain.´´ «https://www.mindmeister.com/blog/mind-mapping-benefits-who-needs-mind-maps/´´ «http://www.mindmapsoft.com/advantages-disadvantages-mind-map/´´ «https://www.smartdraw.com/mind-map/10-uses-for-mind-maps.htm´´ «https://litemind.com/what-is-mind-mapping/´´